Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feeling a Little Raw Lately

We've all been driving home late at night and heard that perfect song that fits exactly what we are thinking or feeling at that moment. I had one of those moments today.

Tonight my son and I were watching a video before bed "Surf's Up". It's GOT to have the BEST sound track ever!! Anyway, this song was on it...and I got to hear his angelically pure voice, blend with mine as we sang it. I'd never paid attention to the words before. Once I did..wow. It says it ALL. This is me right now.

Dating, meeting new people, being hopeful, trying to survive these times financially, healing from divorce and finding out how to muck through, dealing with my son's plunging grades in the second grade, work, finding a new church to be a part of and give myself to... all these things.

How does this song hit you? Have you been here before? Are you there now? Well, just say "Yes"...and keep mucking about.

I will if you will. Will you hold my hand and jump off with me??

Here's the video and song...words and all. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Yd3NwpP7M&eurl=http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=165823253&MyToken=1fdaa2b5-8251-4fe3-9e78-d2470&feature=player_embedded

No comments: